Hinoura Cutlery Studio Tsukasa Saku ATS34 Damascus Petty
Hinoura Cutlery Studio is where legendary blacksmith Tsukasa Hinoura III and his son Mutsumi Hinoura IV handle the hammers. Their knives are carefully crafted by hand, from the old-fashioned steel attachment to the finishing touches, such as the famous Ryusui Tobimon [Tsukasa Saku] with its beautiful design and incredible sharpness.
ATS is a material that brings together the finest Japanese technology, which is positioned as the finest among blades that have further evolved from the pure material of tama-hagane(Steel).
While it excels in wear resistance and tenacity, the material is hard and difficult to process and is created by skilled craftsmen.
It has a reassuringly thick blade and its sharpness is long-lasting and easy to sharpen. The Damascus pattern is beautiful to look at and is a true piece of art.
While these knives do not come cheap, they are an investment for life and the waiting time usually is years. We are glad that we were able to secure a batch which we can ship immediately!
Overall length: 270mm
Blade length: 140mm
Width : 40 mm (max.)
Blade thickness: 5 mm (max.)
Material: ATS34 (double-edged specification)
Handle: buffalo, rosewood
Place of origin: Tsubame-Sanjo
Notes on use:
- Please refrain from using this product on frozen food, frozen materials, etc., as it may cause the blade of the knife to chip significantly.
- Steel knives are extremely susceptible to rust, so please wash off any dirt immediately after use and dry well with a dry towel or similar.
- Stainless steel knives should be drained in the same way. (Please refrain from using a dishwasher, etc.).
- Do not overload the knife by putting your weight on it or hitting it with the back of the knife. It is very dangerous and may lead to damage to the knife.
- If the sharpness of the knife has deteriorated, please be sure to use a whetstone as a simple sharpener can cause damage to the blade.